Monday, January 21, 2008
This is the finished result of the January "Take it Farther Challenge" (see posting from earlier this month). I didn't like the way that my initial blocks came out, but didn't have any more of 2 of the fabrics, so I came up with a solution to make it work. Cut up the blocks into smaller units and pieced them into 3 vertical rows. I used one of the blocks to cut the appliqued leaves from. Then I used the leftover blocks on the back--nothing gone to waste! The vine is a decorative yarn that I couched onto the black background. I did make the addition of the black solid fabric, so I hope that isn't cheating. I did heavy quilting in the geometric collumns, and quilted a little leaf pattern in all of the leaves. I am happy with how it turned out in the end, though totally different from my original vision, but I guess that is part of the experience. We'll see what challenge February brings....Forgot to mention the size is about 29 x 29 inches.