Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Happy New Year

Wow, another year gone by. I am excited about the possibilities that 2008 has to offer. After a couple of difficult years with several deaths in the family among other life issues, I am hoping that 2008 shapes up a little differently. Of course, I have been considering many New Year's Resolutions, maybe I will post them another time. But for now, I thought that I would reflect a litle bit on the work that I have done in 2007 for my quilt pattern design company, Elizabeth Anne Quilt Designs. You can see some of my other patterns on my website www.elizabethanne.cc
I usually don't post my business stuff on my blog, but sometimes the line is blurry between my art blog, and what I do for a living, and I am very proud of the work that I accomplished this year.

This one is called Desert Ridge Trail, and it is a fairly large quilt that I am going to be teaching at The Quilt Works in Albuquerque as a block of the month quilt.


Grandmother's Stars is a great quilt to use the 1930's reproduction fabrics on. I am also teaching this for a class, and the students have also used Christmas fabrics, Oriental fabrics, red white and blue, and rainbow colors. Anything goes!



Samba is a fun quilt, designed with the rhythym of the Samba dance in mind. I bet you all don't know that I used to do Ballroom Dancing? Even won some competitions!



And this is Oso Grande, spanish for Big Bear, because the Bear Paw blocks are very large. This is an easy and quick quilt, and can be made lap size, queen or king size.

I've got lots of other ideas up my sleeve for 2008, and my motto this year is "Create in 2008"!

Happy New Year!

No comments: