Monday, January 14, 2008

Bead and Wire Jewelry



I am getting ready to participate in an online workshop through A.R.T. (Artists of the Round Table), using Sharilyn Miller's book "Bead on a Wire", so I got out some of my old jewelry supplies, and a container of beads that I got on clearance for 97 Cents, and played around with them this weekend while DH and I were watching movies. I just did some freehand spiral shapes with beads on them, and connected the lengths together with jump rings. For the necklace and earrings, I had to make my own jump rings and clasp (yikes) because of the color of copper wire. The copper necklace also features a polymer clay pendant from my first experience with polymer clay. I liked working with it, but didn't have the little blade, and found things a bit sticky--but will get it out and practice some more one of these days. It's little rough around the edges--don't look too close--but all in all I am happy with my first attempts at jewelry making in a long time! I have some old pieces that I did in High School and College, that I will have to dig out and show. But I am looking forward to making more!

1 comment:

Debbie McNeill said...

Nice jewelry. Does it wear well? Looks like you might have been inspired by our last Mixed Media meeting.