Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Fabric and Paper Beads

These are beads that I made for a swap on Art Techniques.

For the fabric ones, I painted the red silk type fabric with a little bit of copper paint and then wrapped with copper foil. The blue ones were wrapped with "Razzle Dazzle" thick decorative thread.



The paper beads were cut into long triangles and wrapped. The blue ones started off as a peach floral scrapbooking paper, and I paintedthem by rubbing dimensional paint on them.



The red ones were newspaper that I painted with red acrylic and then wrapped with copper wire.


4 comments:

Donna said...

those look so wonderful! Very inspiring if I weren't so dang lazy :-)

Lennea said...

These are waaay cool! I especially like the copper ones!
Lennea
( a new member of latest trends)

Hawk and Weasel said...

I just made a bunch of paper beads and now I got inspiration to spice them up a bit. Thanks! Very nice!

Tracie Holladay said...

Awesome! I'm learning how to do these now.