Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Do You UHU?

UHU sent me one of their Glue Rollers to try out and review. I had heard about it from Maria's blog here: www.mariafilosa.com where she has lots of great projects and tips about using UHU. I had actually never used a UHU product or a glue roller, but now I am hooked. The glue comes out the end in little tacky dots as you roll the tool along paper or whatever you are gluing. For a while, I wasn't sure what to use it on, and then one day, I was working on fabric postcards, and I needed to tack down the fabric postcard top to the cardstock that I use for the backing so that the top wouldn't slip around when I sewed the edges. I had been using glue stick or double stick tape for this, but glue stick can be messy or goopy, and the double stick tape is kind of a pain. So, I thought of the UHU Glue Roller. A few quick rolls in the corners, and it was glued down for me to do my stitching! Easy and mess free. I have since had it sitting out on my drafting table, and use it often for attaching postcard backs, ATC backs, collage work, and more. It is so handy!

1 comment:

Donna said...

I'd never seen the roller, but will have to take a look for one. I once in a while use a glue stick when holding layers together before stitching, but like you find it kind of goopy at times....