Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Red Ocean Painting

This is my first attempt at painting with acrylics in over 15 years. I just joined a yahoo group that is going to be working from the book "Acrylic Revolution" by Nancy Reyner. I just wanted to dabble a little bit with the paint before we got going. I feel totally out of my element, but it was fun to push the paint around the paper. This piece turned out totally different than planned--it started off being vertically oriented, and then this ocean reflection revealed itself, so I went with it.

3 comments:

Quilt Pixie said...

I like the asymmetrical balance you achieved with the two colours...

Cindy said...

E-This is wonderful, with lots of depth. It's easy to see an ocean reflecting the light of the sky. Just beautiful! Cindy

Die Hohe Dame said...

those colors go together very nicely... i love your art!