I did this for the Habiliments group challenge this month, using a reoccurring image in my art--a leaf. I began by pulling out my purple scrap bin, laying out different pieces to get an idea of color placement, and then began to sew thebackground together--half preplanned, half improvised. Then I appliqued the leaf using one of my hand dyed fabrics (that I am nolonger saving for special--I am using them!) I tore 1/2 inch strips of a lovely hand dye that I bought from a friend of mine--I only have a fat quarter, so it is coveted, but perfect for this. I tore the strips because I like the soft raveled edge that it created, andI appliqued these with a straight stitch. I made the beads on the left with fabric strips wrapped with a piece of copper (made for stained glass). The edge is couched with olive green yarn.