Sunday, March 2, 2008

New Workshop



I am hosting a workshop on one of the groups that I moderate: The Artist's Circle. We are trying 4 techniques over the next 4 weeks from Beryl Taylor's book, "Mixed Media Explorations". This is a fabulous book, packed with techniques, and a luscious gallery. The first exercise is Water Soluble Fabric. I have been wanting to do this for a long time, so here was my excuse. These pieces are about 4 x 6 inches--postcard size--if that's what I choose to do with them. I layed them out on this cool multi-colored fabric for the picture to give it a more finished presentation, but I haven't decided if I will permanently sew it to this fabric or not. Head on over to the Artist's Circle group and join me! Next week: air dry clay embellishments!

4 comments:

Debbie McNeill said...

I love what you've done with the water soluble. Gave me an idea for my next piece.

Faye said...

So delicate looking and almost ethereal! Love the colors and wish I knew what you had done to get that woven look.

laura west kong said...

They're wonderful on those backgrounds. Can't wait to see what you do next!

Margaret McCarthy Hunt said...

yummmy!!!!