Tuesday, January 20, 2009

UFO--Polka Dot Polka



Remember for my New Year's Resolution I said that I wanted to finish some UFO's? Well here is a baby quilt top that I finished today. I had had most of the blocks done, and I have been working on setting them together and adding the borders for the past week or so. This is one of my original patterns. It is completely pieced, no templates, even though it looks like the dots were appliqued or cut with templates. I love the bright colors for babies. This one was just a teaching sample, but if I can get it quilted soon, I think that I will give it to my step-brother and his wife who are expecting Baby #2 this summer.

3 comments:

Vicki W said...

What a cute quilt. I love that splatter fabric.

Elizabeth said...

So bright and perfect for a baby!! DId you create the splatter fabric yourself!! I love it!!
Hugs!
Elizabeth

Elizabeth in NM said...

Hi Elizabeth,
I didn't do the splatter fabric myself, but isn't it fun? Mine wouldn't be near as perfect!