Saturday, September 22, 2007

3 x 3 Butterfly Collage



This is the last of the 3 x 3 inch collages that I did for the Collage Compostition group swap. I painted and stenciled the background with blue and copper, then added layers of papers and hand colored butterfly image. I added little brads in the corners--I really love those little brads to add a little dimension--I am almost out of them! The collage is coated with glossy Mod Podge. I just bought the matte Mod Podge, because I am not sure that I like the glossy finish, so I will experiment with that at some point.

To me, this collage symbolizes "Breaking out of the square". I have noticed in the past year or so that I am such a "square". I like things at right angles to eachother, and I like squares more versus circles or triangles, or other shapes. I don't really mind being a square, I just think that it is kind of funny that things seem to turn up square for me. So, this butterfly is breaking out of the square! We'll see if it is a sign for things to come....

No comments: