Sunday, January 10, 2010

Art Quilt Workshop



These are the first two quilt samples that I made for a class that I will be teaching beginning in February at Ann Silva's Bernina Sewing Center in Albuquerque. We are working our way through the Art Quilt Workbook by Jane Davila and Elin Waterston. Each month, we will be focusing on a different aspect of creating an original art quilt. My quilts are all going to be 9 x 12 inches with the theme of "flowers and leaves". The theme is up to each individual student, but by selecting a theme, it makes for a cohesive body of work, and a way to focus in on an idea. The sign ups have been good so far, and I am really looking forward to teaching this class, and seeing what my students come up with!

1 comment:

Elin said...

Coolio! I look forward to seeing more work from the classes.