Thursday, November 20, 2008

Skinny Book Pages

I finished up these pages earlier this month for a skinny book swap on Mixed Media Art Friends. There were 4 categories:

Quote--from Kurt Vonnegut, one of my favorite authors.

Color


Fabric--this used to be a 24 x 36 inch quilt top, that I wasn't crazy about, so I quilted it, cut it up, and added the heart appliques.

Technique--This is a fun technique using Gesso to create a texture. Let it dry, paint, dry again, and then highlight with oil pastels. I sealed it with a clear acrylic spray to prevent the oil pastel from rubbing off.

1 comment:

morningDove said...

love all of these. Especially that you quilted a larger quilt then cut it up. It fabulous. Love "tough being green." He is ri-beting. Must try the gesso technique - love the pattern and colors.