Saturday, June 21, 2008

Fabric and Metal 2 x 2's




I am doing a 2x2 inch fabric swap and metal swap on Mixed Media Art Friends. I posted one set of fabric 2x2s last time--here is the second set. I used a bunch of 1/2 inch scrap strips that a friend gave me from her quilt trimmings.

The metal set is done wiht the Etal metal "paper". It is really cool stuff--you can cut it with scissors, sew on it, stamp it, burn it with a soldering iron like I did here. It comes in lots of different colors and textures. I bought a sampler pack somewhere online--can't remember where now. I am working on a second set of metal 2x2s that I am hoping to get done this weekend.

3 comments:

Vicki W said...

Very cool!

Unknown said...

I love your metal 2 x 2's they are awesome - wish I was in more swaps!!

Mary S. Hunt said...

everything within this blog is just delightful!
I haven't worked with fiber in forever
after looking at your projects i am becoming inspired to take on some fabic....