Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Postmark'd Art Postcards

For my current postcard exchange group, we chose the theme "Where I live". These are some of the cards that I made depicting aspects of living in desert New Mexico. The first two are geometric images inspired by the Native American pottery, rugs, and jewelry found here.





This one is a depiction of the desert landscape. There are some hills and mountains between Albuquerque and Santa Fe that this reminds me of. New Mexico is very "brown", but when you look closely you can see all of the different kinds of browns plus shades of reds and greens in the desert plant life that are very beautiful.
I think that the petroglyph one is my favorite. I layered several different beige and tan fabrics, and crazy quilted them. Then appliqued the sheep and added the details with thread painting.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Your postcards are beautiful and capture the diverse range of New Mexico wonderfully.