Sunday, July 1, 2007

Africa Inspirations


This is my quilt for the Fast Friday Fabric Challenge #10. The challenge was to use an item not from a quilt store and costing unde $5 in the quilt. We had one week to complete it.


About a year ago, I made a little quilt using some shark's teeth from an old necklace that I'd had for years. I loved the way that the quilt turned out, but had no more shark's teeth, so then I went on a mission buying shark teeth on e-bay! Who knew they came in such varieties? These are a long, ivory variety--don't ask me what kind of shark they are from! I also have some little shiny black ones that I intend to use someday. The quilt is about 12 x 10 inches. I also used some handdyed cheesecloth behind the shark teeth.

2 comments:

Stitching with Schnauzer and Siamese said...

this is lovely, such georgeous colours. Brilliant

Maggie

Val said...

I love all the different red fabrics - they work really well together. Val