Sunday, August 31, 2008

Take it Further Challenge for August


I had a great time with the August TIFC. After a slow start, I made this Funky House for this month's theme of "Balancing". I was originally going to follow the color scheme, but it wasn't speaking to me this time. So, I went back and looked to see what the theme was, and that was a very appropriate theme for me, since I feel like I am constantly struggling to find balance in my life with work, family, taking care of the house, and finding some time for myself. Earlier this month, I took a quilting workshop with Donna Radner, and we made these off-balance funky houses. The house with its precariously balanced roof seemed like a perfect symbol for my life at this time! I took one of my favorite houses, added some additional piece work, and this is the result. I will post more about the workshop when I can get a picture of all of my blocks layed out.

1 comment:

Terry said...

I love the design and colors, so "spunky" Terry